I’m such a fuck (can I swear on this blog?).
Back in 2012, (like it was so fucking long ago) I did this same sort of thing with watching one movie I had never seen before each day of the year. 365 movies total (List here: http://aloneonmycouch.tumblr.com/post/39496307106/the-complete-list). Finished it but totally forgot some supposedly “great” and “classic” films. I’ll be the judge of that, assholes. How did I choose these? Who the cares. Hopefully my writing and thoughts will be better this time around since it’s only 12 movies. Don’t hold your breath.
1) TAKEN – I guess people really like this for some unexpected reasons. I bought it for $5 on Amazon last month so it’s sitting around.
2) RAIN MAN – I guess it’s not about a weather man?
4) DEAD POETS SOCIETY – My dad tried to get me to watch this as a kid. This shit was SO fucking boring. 2nd shot this time around.
5) SORCERER – Wages of Fear is in my top 5 films of all time. I cannot wait to finally see this!
6) INSOMNIA – In Nolan we trust right? (no, did you see The Dark Knight Rises?)
7) ALIEN 3 – Can I just watch the Doc about it instead??
8) DO THE RIGHT THING – A Spike Lee Joint
9) ERASER – Insert funny one-liner
10) THE EXORCIST – Yeah, not even once.
11) AMARCORD – 8 1/2 & I Vitelloni are my favorite Fellini films so I’ll try this supposedly crazy one out.
12) THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST – I’ll admit it, I’ve probably only seen 2/3 of Scorsese’ films. I don’t know why I chose this one to watch over the others I haven’t seen.